Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Just dropping in...

It's definitely a lot harder keeping up to date with this blog when you have a 10 month old who keeps your hands full! I wouldn't want it any other way though!

Sunday afternoon I took Jim to a soft playroom for a little play date. I had joined the Alexandria Working Moms group on meetup, and that was the first time I did something with them. It was a lot of fun! Jim was able to crawl around and climb up on stuff. It was nice to interact with other babies and moms.

I'm still nursing Jim. My goal is to make it to one year. I'm definitely done after that. I'm ready to be done with pumping everyday. It's pretty amazing to say I've made it this far without having to give Jim a drop of formula!

Before getting pregnant, and during my pregnancy I was very healthy. I would usually come down with a cold maybe once a year. But after having Jim, I swear I have a cold at least once a month. And I think I actually was hit with a stomach bug, or the flu the other day. It was awful, I felt like absolute crap. Mark has been great though - taking care of Jim so I don't have to worry about chasing him all over the place. Part of me thinks it's because I'm nursing Jim. The antibodies (or whatever the right word is here..) that used to fight off these colds, are now going right to Jim - leaving me more susceptible to getting sick.

No comments: