Friday, March 8, 2013

Schick Hydro Silk® razor

One of the latest BZZ campaigns that I have taken part of is for the Shick Hydro Silk razor.  I have been using a Venus razor for the longest time - and I was actually thinking awhile back how I need to switch it up. I just felt like I needed a change, and was super excited to get invited into this campaign.
A picture of what I received in the mail for this campaign!

When I first started to use this razor, I had mixed thoughts on it.
     + I thought the razor itself was great - I loved the handle of it, it just was a good fit in my hand.
     + I loved that it came with a suction holder for the razor when I was finished.  I have to watch where I put things since I have 2 very curious boys, and would hate for them to get a hold of it!
     + I loved how it worked for the 'straight' part of my legs - good shave, no complaints!
     - I did not love how it worked for shaving around my knees and ankles - the first couple of times I used the razor, I cut myself.  I felt like I was a teenager all over again, just starting out with shaving.  I'm not sure if it just didn't flex enough for me or what.

But now that I've been using the razor for what, about a month or so now, I have to say I am a big fan.  I still have yet to replace the blade - so it's lasting a good amount of time.  When I first started this campaign I was wondering how long the blade would last, but I am satisfied with that!

I myself am wondering what razor I am going to continue with - whether it's the Venus, or if I'll switch to Shick Hydro Silk.  I think the deciding factor is going to be the price / deals / coupons that I have at the time when I need to buy more blades....Stay tuned - and I'll be sure to update you all with which one wins out!

***Note:  All opinions expressed above are my own.  I received a free sample of this razor to try out and then express my thoughts on it.  Check out bzzagent.com if you would like a chance to get in on these great campaigns as well!

No comments: