Thursday, December 18, 2014

Bona Hardwood Floor Wet Cleaning Pads

I just recently joined Smiley360, a great website where they send you a product for free to try out, and then I share my honest thoughts on said product.  I always love a great #freesamp!  I was super excited when I was selected to try out the New Bona Hardwood Floor Wet Cleaning Pads.  With the exception of our kitchen (tile) and playroom (carpet) our house has hardwood floors throughout!  I love my hardwood floors!

Unfortunately I did not have the actual mop that fits the Bona Cleaning Pad - however, I did improvise, and used the mop that we had here.  I think that worked just fine (mine is a little smaller, so I couldn't use the entire width of the Bona Pad.  I wanted to try out the pads first to make sure it's something I would continue to use before spending $$ on buying the Bona mop.

I will say I wasn't completely sold on this pad.  I felt like the pads weren't that wet.  I had to use 2 pads in every room, by the time I got 1/2 way through the room it was like I was mopping with a dry pad.  I also did notice that it left a couple of streaks in some spots. (Hardwood floors are very hard to capture a good picture of!)

We mop our floors every 3rd weekend, so it's a pretty regular schedule.  I will say that the pads were quite dirty after I replaced them - so I know it did it's job on cleaning the floor!

I keep going back and forth on how I feel about a non-scented pad.  I like the satisfaction of the smell of a clean house, that lemony or citrus scent.  I can sit back and 'smell' all the hardwork I just completed.  But at the same time, I know that those artificial scents can be harmful to inhale, as well as harmful for the environment.  I do think I'll have to side with my environmentally friendly part of me, and get over the fact that it is scent free!

Overall, I'd probably give these pads a 3 out of 5 stars.

I've never heard of Bona products before.  But am noticing them when I'm shopping!  Probably because it's a brand I'm now familiar with!  I would be interested in trying out another one of their products, maybe the Hardwood Floor Polish.

Note:  All opinions expressed above are my own.  I received a sample of the Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaning Pad through Smiley360 in exchange for my honest opinions  #freesamp

No comments: