I was just looking back at one of my weekend in review posts - and it makes me sad that I haven't been keeping up with that. Not that I would expect to do it every single weekend, but a few here and there would be nice. I thought this past weekend would be a great one to recap!
Ashley's shower was this weekend - so I made my way to Buffalo, without the boys! It was my first time away from them. (Do note that Mark & I have been away, going overnight to a wedding once, a couple of other things too. We really don't get out that much, but that's not something that bothers us). Mark took the day off of Friday, as I decided it'd be best/quickest for me to fly home. They boys drove me off to DCA, and then I was boy free for the weekend! I did ask them if they were going to miss me, and they said yes, but then they said daddy is going to build a fort for us, I think they were looking forward to that. I was a little worried about my flight, first no flights were boarding because of de-icing. (De-icing on the first day of spring?!) Then we boarded the shuttle and sat on that for 1/2 hour, and then get turned back to the terminal because of a maintenance issue. We were only in the terminal for about 5-10 minutes and then boarded the flight again. We finally made it home (not quite 2 hours late!) Ashley picked me up, and we spent Friday afternoon getting thing ready. Baked some bread, decorated cookies, cut-up fruit, made egg bakes, decorated / set-up for the shower, etc. Jenna & Rob and the boys were home - it was fun getting to hang out with them. Made a quick run to Target and of course we had to stop and get some DQ, and that was my Friday.
Got up early on Saturday, I couldn't sleep, so I did the elliptical for 20 minutes, I managed to do that, slice some bread, take a shower before anyone else came downstairs. The morning was busy with getting everything ready for the shower. And before you knew it, it was time to celebrate Ashley! I think she had a good time, lots of good food, and she got lots of great presents! It was great getting to visit with everyone! Once she was done with the gifts, we had to hurry out there for her little spa afternoon. We had their upstairs room to ourselves, so that was fun. I got a pedicure, we all drank some champagne, and had a good afternoon! We ran back home, and a sub for something to eat, and then made our way downtown to The Lodge for her bachelorette party. Had a lot of fun going out! I was surprised I really wasn't hungover Sunday morning. I had a vodka sprite when I got there, a couple of beers, and a couple of shots. Lots of fun, and lots of good laughs!
Sunday morning we just hung out. Helped go through some of the leftovers for breakfast, played with the boys, and then made my way to the airport for my 11:50 flight. No problems getting home. Mark & the boys picked me up at BWI (went for that because the DCA flight didn't get in until 7pm). I felt bad, Ben was sleeping because he wasn't feeling good (car sickness) and I had to whisper to Jim so we didn't wake up. But I think he was excited to see me. And Ben was really sweet when he woke up. You could tell he was still waking up, but I turned around and he saw me and had this big smile on his face.
All in all I think it was a great weekend for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment