Monday, July 28, 2008

Our weekend in review...

Let's see, Friday after a busy day at work, we went to Overwood for Happy Hour. They have a new special, $1.00 for 1/2 point beers. Not a bad deal! Mark met up with us there and he had a couple of those as well. And then Mark & I grabbed a table outside and got some dinner. I wasn't that hungry, Michelle had ordered Fried Green Tomatoes, and they brought that out along with some shrimp & Nachos w/ spinach dip. (Gotta love getting free stuff from there.)

Saturday morning we got up, early as always...We went to the gym. And spent the day doing a bunch of stuff around the house. I pulled out a couple dead flowers I had out front, and went to Lowe's to buy a couple replacement ones. We pulled out the elephant ears that were out front as well. They were getting too big, and all the leaves were pretty nasty. Mark cut down part of the tree hanging over our patio...mowed the lawn...stuff like that. I did the grocery shopping for the week, and grilled some yummy mango burgers for dinner. Then we went down to Old Towne and I finally got my ice cream!! We went to Pops, and then walked down by the water, and then came home.

Sunday morning got up and went to Church. Then we went to the gym...and drove over to Roosevelt Island. We then biked to Georgetown, walked down by the canal. Then we got lunch at Pizza Paradis0...very good Pizza, and Mark got a beer. We were taking our time and then noticed it was getting dark out. So we hurried up and finished and walked outside and the sky was black. So we booked it back to our car, and made it there just as it started to sprinkle. Then as we were pulling out it started to pour, so we cut it very close. Didn't do much the rest of the day. A very nice relaxing weekend!

No comments: