To continue on from our nice long New Year's weekend...
Saturday morning we got up, and got ready to go. Made our way up to the gym for a pretty good workout. Then headed north up to Rockville to watch the SU vs. Pitt basketball game. We were planning to meet Kristin, Joe, and Seattle at Orange Ball - and when we got there we realized it didn't open until 3:00 (game was at noon). So we ended up going to The End Zone in downtown Gaithersburg. Mark & I ordered some wings and chicken fingers for lunch, and we all watched a poor showing from Syracuse - loosing to Pitt by 10 or so. After the game we went to Great Beginnings to see if they had any Gliders that we liked - but they pretty much had what Babies 'R Us had, so we decided to wait a couple weeks to see if they put out any good coupons that we could use. After that we headed back down to the Pike to Haverty's to look at Sectionals. We were hoping to get an 'L-Shaped' one, but when we realized that the chaise was going to stick out 2 extra feet from the end of the wall we decided against that. We ended up ordering a section - which will basically be an extra long couch. It takes 6-8 weeks for it to come in, and then we'll be getting rid of our orange couch. We stayed pretty busy on Saturday, after Haverty's we stopped at Tyson's Corner - which was PACKED, so Mark could return a couple of things from Eddie Bauer. He did a good job, and picked out 2 new work shirts in return. Finally got back home, and warmed up some sauerkraut for dinner, and put in our movie - Changeling. Surprise, surprise, I fell asleep during it.
Sunday morning we got up, and I went to Church. Got home and put everything together for Jambalaya. Once that was done we went to the gym. We were on our 3rd exercise when the fire alarm went off. It was freezing cold outside, so we decided it wasn't worth waiting around for the firemen to arrive and check everything out, so we took off. We stopped at the grocery store so I could pick up the shrimp for dinner. Warmed up the rest of the sauerkraut for lunch, and then finished up our errands. We went to Babies 'R Us because I had $5.00 that I wanted to use. Didn't really find anything - was going to wait until after the shower, so I figured I'd stock up on Baby Wipes. Ran to Kohl's after that to return a couple things; Mark got some new sneakers. And then lastly we stopped at Target. Mark's mom got me a maternity top that I already had in the same color - so I wanted to exchange it for a different color. They didn't have any of the same style left, so they were going to give me $2.00 back for it. I figured screw that, I'd much rather have an extra shirt for that return price. Spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching TV, finishing up laundry, talking on the phone, and enjoying some Jambalaya for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment