Now that we're what, 4 days past our due date...we finally have an end date in sight!!
I had my weekly doctor's appointment yesterday - and everything looked just fine! I still haven't dilated. But she did say that my cervix was a little softer - so that's a good thing. But when we were done, she said she would call the hospital to schedule induction. I was able to hear her talking - and she tried to set it up for Saturday, but they were full, as was Sunday, so she came back in and said I'm all set for 6:30AM Monday morning. It's nice to have an end date in sight!
I had another appointment today. They wanted to do a Non-Stress test as well as check my fluid levels. That went well. The non-stress test I pretty much went and sat down in a chair and they hooked up a monitor to listen to his heartbeat, as well as another one to monitor contractions. His heart rate was right around 130 - and they said they like to see two accelerations up to 150 or so to make sure he's responding correctly. Once I felt him move, you could see his heart rate go up just like they needed. Then they did a sonogram. My fluid level was 6.5cm. Normal is 8cm, and they don't send you upstairs to labor and delivery unless it's under 5 cm. So all is well! Margie (the midwife I saw yesterday) was at the hospital today and she stopped by and said everything looked good. And that I'm still set to come in on Monday. She did say that I was having a contraction during the non-stress test, so that's good to know! Now maybe they'll keep coming through the weekend and won't have to be induced. Only time will tell....
No comments:
Post a Comment