Sunday, May 9, 2010

Just an update...

Things have been going great!! I've been loving every second of being home with Jim. I can't believe my maternity leave is half over already. I am not looking forward to going back to work at all. I wish I could stay at home with him. I love it!

We've been trying to get outside and go for a walk everyday. We're pretty good with that. I've taken him out to run a couple of errands. It's always nice to get out of the house for awhile.

He's been pretty good with sleeping. That is once we can get him to go to bed. The past couple of nights hes up until 11 or 12:00. And he sleeps through the night usually getting up, or Mark getting him up at 5:00 when he's getting ready for work. If Mark & I didn't go to bed so early, Jim's schedule wouldn't be bad at all. But we're used to going to bed shortly after 9:00, so when Jim's up until 11:00 that's really late.

We've been good with the breastfeeding - made it through the first month only on breastmilk. Am hoping it'll stay that way for awhile! Mark did give him a bottle yesterday. I figured we're going to have to start him on a bottle soon to get ready for when I get back to work. Jim actually sucked it right down. Good boy!

We've been having lots of visitors on the weekend. Last weekend Jamie & Linda came over on Saturday, and then Suzanne, Mike, & Connor on Sunday. This past Friday Kristin & Joe came by, and then yesterday Jacob, Sarah, and Seth. It's nice to know that Jim is well loved and has lots of friends that want to meet him!

No comments: