Monday, February 6, 2012

36 Week Update

You'll only have to put up with what, another 4 of these?  Maybe 3?  Hard to believe that we're in the home stretch now - and only have 4 weeks to go.  Or as I was telling my family, if he wants to be like Jim - 5 weeks to go...

How Far Along:  36 Weeks

Size of Baby:  Baby boy is almost 6 pounds, 18.5 inches long...The size of a crenshaw melon...

36 Weeks:  Baby boy is gaining about an ounce a day.  Starting to shed most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin.  He swallows both of these substances, which results in the meconium - the first diaper that Mark will get to change!!! (From Babycenter.com)

Weight Gain:  Gained a pound from last week - +33.

Belly Pic:  I had to include this picture of Jim - he came running over to help me out with my weekly picture, like usual.  However this time he was having a little bit of trouble figuring out how he was going to show me his belly with his PJ's on.
 Love his smile!!!
Sleep:  Actually had a good week!!  I have been getting up once a night, where I think to myself, should I get up and go pee, or should I go back to sleep.  Lately I've been getting up, which I think is starting to help with my hip pains.

Best Moment of the Week:  Had another good weekend - spent a lot of time outside on Saturday, Mark started work on the patio...

Movement:  Still lots going on in there!!  Most active in the evenings - when I get home from work until we go to bed.  And I always feel him move when I wake up in the middle of the night...

Symptoms:  Still having lots of braxton hicks contractions.  I think I'm having a lot more this time around - which I'm hoping is a good sign!  I've also noticed that the linea nigra line I had with Jim hasn't come back.  It never did go away after having Jim, just a lot lighter...but it didn't come back any stronger.

Food Cravings:  I am craving lots of sweets now.  I just went to the store, and it grosses me out thinking about what I bought.  I'll stay on the positive side - I did get some Gatorade though!

Exercise:  I'm coming to an end with this.  It's hard to lift after being at work all day - so I think I'm down to just the weekends...

Diet:  Did good again this week - except for the sweet run I just went on...

What I miss:  I am looking forward to a nice cold beer!  And I miss comfortable pants.  Maternity pants are not comfy anymore these days.

What I am looking forward to:  Another doctor's appointment this week.  Maybe finally deciding on a name!  Meeting our little one!!

No comments: