Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Morning Star Farms

I was very excited to get selected to be part of the Morning Star Bzz Campaign.  Thank you again BzzAgent for a wonderful opportunity!

When the coupons arrived in the mail I was very excited to go to Safeway and pickup my Free Morning Star Product!!!
I picked up a package of the Original Sausage Patties, and looked forward to making them!
The box provides you with a couple of different cooking methods.  The first time I decided to have these for lunch (who doesn't love breakfast for lunch or dinner?!?!) I was starving and didn't have a lot of time, so I went with the Microwave method.  Very easy - place the frozen patty on a plate, and for 2 patties, cook 1 1/2 - 2 minutes turning over halfway through.  
They made my house smell delicious while they were cooking.  I decided to make an egg, sausage, and cheese sandwich, with a side of sausage for lunch.  These are pretty self-explanatory - I'll include a step-by-step guide below for how to make one (especially for all my non-cookers out there!)
So, you are all probably wondering, what did I think?!  I thought they tasted great!  I would like to find a real sausage patty and do a little taste comparison test.  For me personally, I felt like I was eating a regular sausage patty - it was very tasty!  The one thing I did not like about them was the texture.  The outside was almost a little too tough for me.  I wasn't sure if it was because I overcooked them (I went with the lower end 1.5 minutes) or if that's how they really are.  So I wasn't ready to give that review to the product just yet.  Their recommended method for cooking is in the oven - baking on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Here is take 2 of trying out Morning Star - again, breakfast for lunch.  But this time I planned ahead, and made sure I pre-heated my oven so I could bake them this time.  I baked the patties, and served it with a fried egg and some home fries.
I do have to say the texture of these when baked are 100 times better.  They tasted great - and will have to remember the next time I make a Morning Star product I need to cook per their recommended method.  While the microwave is great - quick and convenient - a food product may not always be as great when cooked that way.

I will definitely be purchasing Morning Star products in the future!  And friends, if you are reading this and would like to try it out yourself - let me know!!! I have coupons to share with you to save $1.00!!

EGG SANDWICH RECIPE -

Very simple -

Cook the Morning Star Sausage Patty per the directions on the box.
While the Patty is cooking, fry up an egg, and place your english muffin in the toaster.
When everything is done cooking, it's time to assemble your sandwich.
Place a slice of cheese on the warm muffin...followed by the egg...and then the patty.
Enjoy!

No comments: