Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Just some more random thoughts.

My last random update of some sorts was the end of February...I've just been terrible at finding the time to keep up with this thing.  Every now and then though I have some stuff that I think I really would like to keep track of this, and I guess I've been saying that for awhile now, so here you go, just another random update of random stuff going on in my life.

- So I now have a 1 year old and a 3 year old!!!  How is that possible?  I think every time I write I say the same thing, that time surely does fly by!!!  It's hard to believe, but I've been enjoying every second with them!!!

- We had a great time celebrating their birthdays - the whole family was down over Easter weekend - good times!!!  Ashley & Allison stayed until Wednesday...and my parents went home on Saturday - it was great having them around.  I enjoyed their company, and I think the boys both loved having them here too.

- We lost an amazing woman on March 1st - Nana passed away :(  We went up to Erie that weekend for a very small, family funeral.  It stinks that it was under those circumstances but it was good getting to visit with everyone.  Really makes me miss being closer to home.

- I'm all done with breastfeeding.  I knew I wanted to do a year with Ben - but wasn't sure how the whole weaning process would go.  We had no problems at all!!!  I'd say about 2 weeks before his birthday I cut out the feeding just before dinner time...and at dinner I gave him a glass of milk...then the following week, I cut out the feeding just before lunch time...then I dropped the one at breakfast time, which left us to just nursing when he woke up and in the evening.  I think it was around his birthday when I decided to forgo the evening feeding...and then I wasn't sure how long I was going to nurse in the mornings. But one morning, he decided he only wanted to eat off of one side, so I decided that was going to be the last day we nursed.  All in all it was a very easy process!!!

- Ben always woke up around 4:00-5:00am, which I would then get him, feed him, and we'd both go back to sleep.  I was a little worried how it would go not nursing him anymore, and what we would do...but after a morning or 2 - he didn't even wake up then, and is sleeping until 7:00ish!!!

- Jim is in the whole question phase - everything that comes out of his mouth is a question...mommy, why is that truck there.  What is that dirt for?  And it's always followed by another question.  Such a curious smart little 3 year old!!!

No comments: