So I didn't do all that great in October - 6 posts, but I guess that's a lot better seeing as I didn't post in 3 months over the summer!!! Figure I'd do a couple weekend recaps, we've been busy -
Last weekend we were up in Pittsburgh for Blake's first birthday party. I drove up there with the boys, as I didn't want to drive up Saturday, and then turn around and come back home Sunday. We left on Friday, and the boys were great in the car. I hit some pretty heavy rain and wind on the way up, and that wasn't fun, but we survived and made it there in 4 hours 15 mins. Had to stop once. I was just going to pull off on a rest stop and give the boys a snack, but Jim decided he had to pee, so we ran in to use the bathroom. We left early (5:45) so it was nice to have the whole day in Pittsburgh with no plans!! The 3 boys all had fun playing together, Jim & Ben enjoyed playing with 'new' toys! I did go over to the library to help Jenna set everything up in the afternoon. Mom made yummy pasta for dinner, and we just enjoyed everyone's company! Saturday morning was more hanging out before heading over for the party. Had a good time there - and then it was back home on Sunday. Sunday was daylight savings time, so I was a little screwed up in the morning, and it ended up being an early morning home for us. It worked out well though because the 2 boys slept for the first 2 hours - made the drive that much better, considering it was just me in the car.
The weekend before that we went up to NY to Mark's parents. Drove up on Friday, with no issues. Saturday we went to Eric & Jenny's wedding up in Canadiuga Lake - it was supposed to be an outdoor wedding, but I'm glad they decided to do it inside because it was chilly!!! But we had a great time there. It was nice not to have to worry about the boys, and great catching up with everyone. Drove back to Mark's Sunday morning and then spent the day with Mom, Dad, Ashley & Allison. It was great visiting with them, and the boys had fun playing with everyone. Then it was back on the road on Monday to head back to VA!
No comments:
Post a Comment