The boys are still sleeping - which seems to be rare these days as they're waking up earlier and earlier. It's nice when I have this extra time in the morning, and thought I'd try to do a really brief recap of life lately.
We celebrated Ben's 4th birthday last month - crazy to thing that he's 4!!! I think I am repeating myself for the 1000 time but where does time go?! To think in another year+ he'll be off to school as well. Mom & Dad came into town to celebrate, along with Allison! They flew in Thursday night (his birthday) and we celebrated Friday night with the neighbors. He really enjoyed his monster jam birthday cake! Saturday we went to Sugar Shack to get some donuts, and then walked around Old Town. Chris was also in town.
Allison & Chris are moving down to VA. They'll be 2 hours away, but much better than the 8. I think it's great that they're both getting out of Buffalo and I hope that the move for them goes well. Chris is currently down here training, and Allison will move down after the school year is over.
Ben is still doing his weekly in home school which is going good. He seems to be more talkative with everyone. Now I need to work on him playing with the kids more. He needs to be comfortable with people before he really interacts with them. Little by little we are getting there.
We spent Jim's spring break up home in Buffalo - and really enjoyed the week. This is one trip that I can't complain when I say we really didn't do anything! I spent the week hanging out with my new precious niece. Mom & Dad were great - they took the boys on Tuesday & Wednesday and hung out with them so they weren't bored cuddling with a newborn. They went to Paula's, to the park on Tuesday. And then to Chuck E Cheese on Wednesday. Allison was amazing as well, she stayed back home a couple times to play with the boys so I could go to Ashley's. I felt like I had everyone waiting on me or making changes to their schedules - but that's what family is there for!
Jim is still enjoying school. Hard to believe that he has less than 3 months of kindergarten left. And hard to believe that he's going to be 6 on Monday! Mom & dad are headed down tomorrow to celebrate his birthday. I think it's great that they've been here for both of their birthdays! Family really is the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment