Hard to believe we have less than 2 weeks until school is out. Hard to believe that i'll have a first grader on my hand! Kindergarten has been great - I think Jim has really been happy with it, and it's amazing how much he's learned. He's had a great teacher, made some great friends. All in all it's been a great year. It makes it a lot easier sending him off to school every day knowing that he loves it!
Been enjoying our drinks every Friday night. This past Friday we had 8 kids, 9 adults over, and a great time. I love that it's become a weekly tradition. Jim was very happy last week when Liam came over, everyone was happy, played hard, and had fun!
Work is going well, it's actually pretty slow! Last month I think I worked a total of less than 15 hours. And now we are half way through June and I think I worked a total of 2 or 3 hours. I'm okay with that, something is better than nothing! It'll be interesting to see how it goes if it picks up in the summer when both boys are home!
We are back to the pool. We've actually only been twice since Memorial Day - it's been tough getting there during the week with school going on, and one weekend it was cooler & rainy, so we skipped then. But I'll be curious to look back on this and see how much the boys improved. The first weekend we went, Ben went w/o his floaties, but had a death grip on you and wouldn't try swimming with holding onto just 1 hand. This past weekend he would go out by himself while using his kickboard! How long until he doesn't need the kickboard?! Hoping to get them into some lessons too! Jim loves jumping in, he's a fish! I think his next step will be learning the different strokes.
No comments:
Post a Comment