Monday, April 28, 2008

Parents Weekend

Had a great time with the parents and in-laws this weekend!!! I think everyone else really enjoyed themselves, so that's always a plus :)

I left work early on Friday. Mom & Dad landed around 10:00, and I felt bad so I got all my work done early so I wouldn't feel guilty leaving early. Left around 2:00 and met up with them in Old Towne. They had gotten lunch at the Chart House and had been walking around. We did some shopping at The Gap. Always fun to go shopping with mom! Dad sat downstairs while we were getting some good stuff ;) And then we headed to the hotel so they could check in. The VanZandt's had gotten there a bit earlier, so once mom & dad checked in they came over and we chatted in the Hotel for a bit, and then headed over to our place and met up with Mark. We all sat outside for awhile and had a beer. Very relaxing and nice to chat with everyone. It also makes it very nice that all everyone gets along real well! After our beer we headed down to Old Town and had dinner at Bilbo Baggins...Then walked around by the water for a bit, and then headed to Pat Troy's for one last beer to end the evening!

Saturday morning we got up, the parents met up for breakfast at the hotel, and then they came over. By the time they finished and got over here it was close to 11:00. Mark & I had been trying to figure out what, if anything we should do with them, but by the time they showed up we figured we really didn't have enough time to try to do something. (We were thinking Arlington Cemetery, or the Air & Space Museum) So instead we sat around in our backyard, enjoying each others company! We grilled burgers for lunch, and had my 'Summer Salad' & some spinach & rye bread which I finally made! And they decided we needed to break out the beer pong table, so we taught the VanZandt's how to play...and then we played a couple games of flip cup. (And was defeated...1st the VanZandt's beat the DiLoreto's, and then the guys beat the gals :( But a good time was definitely had by all! The parents went back to the hotel to clean up & change, and then we picked them up there and went into Old Town for dinner. We decided to go to Il Porto for some Italian food & wine. Everyone said their dinner was very good, so I guess we made a good pick :) After dinner we headed to the Metro to head down to the Warner Theatre for the Fab Faux concert. Which turned out to be a really good show! I think everyone really enjoyed it as well, and they had a fonder appreciation for them since they grew up listening to the Beatles. I was pretty impressed with the Fab Faux as well :) Had a long metro ride home - we were almost to the Pentagon stop and had to turn around & go back to L'Enfant Plaza because there was some outage. Took probably an extra hour to get home because of that.

Sunday morning got up and picked up the parents and we went to Church. I was hoping to take them to Good Shepard, but the times didn't' work out, so we went to St. Mary's instead. Then we all met up and we went to Murphy's for brunch. It took a lot longer than we expected, but once we were finally done the VanZandt's got on the road to drive home, and mom & dad headed up to BWI to catch their flight home.

All in all it was a great weekend!!! Had a lot of fun, and I think that was the case for everyone :)

No comments: