Monday, May 12, 2008

Rain, rain, go away

Okay, I've had enough of this rain. This spring has been pretty crappy so far. Thursday night we got pretty heavy rain at night. Mark woke up at 1:00 to go check the basement, and sure enough the stupid thing flooded. Apparently there were a couple little viney pollen things that had fallen off the trees, and ended up in the drain...and the water ended up in our basement. We're both pretty glad that we did get rid of our carpet! I think it made cleaning up a lot easier. (And I say think, because I did not partake in the cleaning up. What a nice husband I have, he didn't wake me up to help him out.)

And then last night it started raining again, and it was pouring rain. Neither of us got a good nights sleep because the rain was so nosey, and Mark was paranoid about water coming into the basement again. I think he went down there 3 times to check to make sure the drain was okay.

No comments: