Had a great long weekend!!! Friday I got out of work a little early - and made my way over to Mark's office so we could leave from there. He got out of work around 4:00 and we hit the road. We stopped in Gettysburg for some dinner and then made our way up to Wilkes-Barre where we got a hotel for the night.
Woke up Saturday morning and got ready to head on up to Syracuse. We made it up there a little after 9:00 and found a place to park. Went over to Bruegger's to grab some breakfast. Mark's dad & Chris were on there way up as well. We were planning to meet them at Faegan's to grab a beer before heading up to the Dome, but I think they got a later start than planned. Mark & I hung out in front of the Sheraton for awhile. It was sad watching Mark drink a beer alone :( We still hadn't heard from the men, so we walked over to Faegan's, and Mark got another beer - again, sad to have to watch him drink alone...Still no word from the VZ's, so we left Faegan's and made our way up to the quad. We finally met up with them and headed into the Dome. Our tickets are great this year! We're in the 2nd row in the same section as last year. You can't really beat that. This season is going to be so much better than last! I think the new coach has already made a big difference - the players attitudes seem so much better! We were actually in the game the entire time up until Overtime when Paulis threw the ball into the end zone where it got picked off, and we ended up losing by 3 to Minnesota. We were actually able to stay until the bitter end and not be made fun of for it (like last year)! After that game Mark & I stopped on Marshall St. to grab a slice of pizza (At Auggie's where we ran into Johnny Flynn!). I drove us back to Mark's parents. The drive wasn't bad at all - took us a little over 2 hours. Hung out for the evening. The grilled us some tilapia for dinner which was yummy. The Barber's stopped by for a bit, wished us congratulations.
Sunday morning we got up, Mark's Dad cooked us some eggs and bacon for breakfast. Mark and I went over to his High School's track and ran a mile. It was good to get out of the house, and do some exercise! Came back home and got cleaned up and pretty much hung out waiting for the family to get there. They came bearing lots of goodies!!! Ashley & Allison gave me my birthday present - a pot so I can cook spaghetti - since that's what I'm always making for Mark (or so they say). And they all got be a bunch of adorable baby clothes! (Mark's mom got us a really cute Syracuse onsie...the same one that Allison almost bought..as well as Pat the Bunny book. Had a good time hanging out with everyone! We sat around and chatted...grilled some burgers...played some cornhole - which I sucked at. Everyone drank some beer, margaritas, and wine, and had a great time! Mr. & Mrs. T stopped by for a bit that evening - they too wishing us congratulations! We all watched Big Brother together. I guess Chris had been watching it, but no one else really was a fan. And then after that I think I fell asleep on the couch....
Monday morning we got up, grabbed some breakfast. Mark & I went back over to the track to run another mile. I did better today then yesterday (that, or Mark didn't do as well). Came back home and got cleaned up and then we took off for the golf course. Had a good time golfing with them! When I was on, I was able to hit the ball pretty good. But then other times I sucked pretty bad. We really didn't keep score (I think Mark & his dad did...) But we all had a good time with that! We just beat the rain so we had some good timing there! Came back home, and then had cocktails with the Barber's as well as Danielle & Eric and their 2 girls. They grilled some mussels, drank some beer, and played some more cornhole, which again I sucked at. Once the 2 girls warmed up a bit, we became best friends. It was cute - they were arguing over who was going to help hold my bean bags. But I think a good time was had by all. Grilled some yummy steaks for dinner, and before you knew it Casey was packing up and on her way back home. And I was asleep on the couch.
Tuesday was our drive home. It was nice to take the day off and have some extra time up north. And it was also nice not to have to worry about dealing with any traffic. I napped a bit in the car...we stopped at Applebee's for lunch - able to use our gift cards, finally! And really didn't do a whole lot when we got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment