Monday, September 14, 2009

PSU vs. SU weekend

Made our way up to State College this weekend for the SU vs. PSU football game. Friday I left work at 2:00, picked Mark up and we got to Sean and Nicole's a little after 3:00 and we hit the road north. The beginning of the drive kind of sucked - it was a lot of stop and go up 270 and the beginning part of 15. But then it got much better. I think it was 7:00 or so when we finally made it up to our hotel. We got checked in and then went out to grab some dinner. Decided to go for some pizza. Then went to our 1st bar for the evening. The bar was known for some monkey drink that they serve out of a pitcher - so the 3 of them all got a different fruity flavor...Then the switched to a pitcher of beer. Sean was waiting for the band to go on and listen to them for a bit. I was definitely getting tired of standing there - would've loved a seat! But I was a trooper and stuck it out! Went to the Rathskeller next, and found a bar stool which made me feel so much better! After a couple of drinks there we were ready to call it a night.

Got up Saturday morning, got ready and made our way over to the Stadium. Sean's parents as well as a couple of their friends were tailgating so we met up with them for a bit. Then made our way into the stadium. The weather wasn't too bad - it was overcast, and looked like it wanted to rain. At one point the sun came out, and when it did it got pretty warm. It was a lot different going to a game outside and not at the Dome. Do have to say I like the Dome much better! We ended up loosing the game 28-7 - which I do have to say was much better than our 50 something - 7 beating that we got last year from PSU. We made our way back to Sean's parents van to meet back up with everyone. (We bought our tickets through the SU box office - which was good because we sat in the Orange Section). We hung out there for a bit and then Sean & Nicole took us a on a little tour of campus. We were going to stop at the creamery for some ice cream but the line was way too long. Eventually made our way back to the hotel, where some of us napped (which was much needed) and some watched some football on TV. Made our way back into town for some dinner. We ate at the restaurant where they had their rehearsal dinner which was pretty yummy. We lucked out, there were a bunch of TVs there so Sean got to watch the USC vs. OSU football game. After dinner we made our way to another bar, and hung out there until the end of the football game. I randomly ran into Mike Harrington their...After the game was over we went to another bar. I was pretty exhausted by this time. I was done after that one.

Sunday morning we got up, got ready and went to the diner for breakfast. It seemed like it took forever to get our food - but it was good. And then we were off. The beginning of the drive home kind of sucked. I felt a little crappy, but then got better. We didn't do a whole lot once we got home. Which was nice to lay around, and then go to bed early!!!

No comments: