Ended up staying home from work yesterday. Jim woke up and his eyes were red - weren't sure if he was coming down with pink eye or not. I did take him to the Doctor in the AM, and she said it didn't look like pink eye. Since he had some cold symptoms (runny nose, a little cough, and he did have a little bit of fluid behind his right year) she thought it was just his cold draining out through his eyes. I figure it wouldn't hurt to stay home just in case it was the start of pink eye...Sending him to daycare would just have made it worse.
We did take him in today - am hoping he makes it through the day! His eye was still a little red when we he woke up, but by the time Mark dropped him off he said it looked good. I should have gotten a note from the doctor, and then I wouldn't be worrying all day long.
I had my 32 week check-up yesterday. Jim came along with me again, and was very well behaved! Everything looked good! I'm measuring right on track. Blood pressure was good. I love meeting with the midwives - so far everyone has said they would let me go past my due date. And Gina yesterday said usually they like to schedule right on your due date unless you have a reason to push it further. And she noted that Jim was a week late, so I think that'll be a compelling reason for them to let me go past 40 weeks.
Next it will be deciding what day I want to schedule it for. She said typically they like to schedule a date around 35 weeks, so that could be at my next appointment. I asked Mark if he had a choice in what day of the week to do it, what would it be, and he said Monday. The only thing I don't like about that is it's only 2 days past my due date. If it were up to just me, I'd try to push it later on in the week like Thursday or Friday. But then I get to thinking about my parents coming down. They want to come down when the baby is born, so Monday would maybe be an ideal day for that. They can come down that weekend, we can hang out together...and then we'd head to the hospital Monday morning while they took care of Jim. I am contemplating all this, and watch him come early on his own and it won't be an issue.
I really need to get better at not zooming in so much on my weekly belly pictures. Here's another comparison of me at 32 weeks now...and 32 weeks with Jim. I think I'm looking bigger this time around (need to ignore it's such a close-up picture.) I threw in a picture of me at 40 weeks with Jim - and I definitely have a lot more growing to go. I can't believe I was that big towards the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment