Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Long Weekend in Review

Just another little weekend recap -

We had a couple of rainy days, so I was bummed Friday night when we couldn't do our drinks in the driveway!  Didn't think it'd be much fun sitting out there drinking in the rain.  Hopefully next week!

I managed to get a run in Saturday morning (I've been trying to workout at least 5 times a week - which is usually a run Saturday & Sunday, and then stairmaster 3 times during the week.  And I throw in a couple of days of weights.  Even though I'm doing all that, I can't get my weight to budge, but that's another story for a different day).  Anyways, Saturday morning it was a little drizzly and wet so we spent the morning doing inside jobs, taking care of the floors, etc.  After lunch we went to the Fire Station as they were having an open house.  The boys were very disappointed when we didn't stop because there were no trucks in the station at the time (must had gone out for an emergency call.)  We decided to stop at Home Depot to look at pricing to have our hallway floor redone (decided we're going to wait until we do the Dining Room floor, to deal with matching issues then).  Then we went back to the fire station where the boys had a blast!  They loved walking around and sitting in the fire truck!  And Jim used the fire hose.  It was fun to watch both of the boys have a blast!  Came home, the boys napped, we watched a Syracuse victory, and that was our Saturday.

Sunday morning was another drizzly, wet morning, but I managed to get a run in, in the mist!  Then we spent the day just hanging out!  It was too wet to go outside in the morning, so we played inside with the boys.  They were doing pretty good considering they've been cooped up inside for several days!

Monday was Columbus Day - and Mark had the day off!  The rain finally stopped, I got another run in - it was nice being able to run all 3 days Mark was home.  We ended up going up to Rockville to a funeral home for Kristin's father.  Got home from that, boys ate lunch, took a nap, while I ran to Target, and then we spent the rest of the afternoon outside!  Loving this October fall (warmer) weather!

No comments: