I really wish I could be better with updating this. I love having something to look back on. But it's such a struggle to keep up with it. Mainly it's a struggle for finding the time to do it. Mark went into work an hour earlier this morning, so I feel like I have a couple extra minutes, hence I'm turning to here.
Things having been going great. Jim started kindergarten last week, and he's loving it! I really like his teacher, she's fairly new, I think this is her 3rd year teaching, but is super sweet. We are walkers, so I get about an extra 1.5 miles in the am & pm picking him up. Ben is doing good being home alone. We've been pretty busy, so I don't think he's really had a chance to miss big brother. They do play together quite a bit in the morning & when they get home, so in that aspect, yes you can tell they miss each other. I feel like my days are shorter now, if I want Ben to get a nap in, he needs to be upstairs around 1:00, and then I end up having to wake him up so we can leave to get Jim.
Our summer was a lot of fun - hard to believe that it's the middle of September already! We spent our fair share of time at the pool - but our time was cut a little short, first with Jim's fractured collarbone. Poor guy was running, just tripped over his feet & landed wrong. So we missed out on pool time while he was recovering. Then he spent 3 weeks in July doing the bridge to kindergarten program that his school had. We did make it to the pool during the week after he was done, but it wasn't something we could do all the time if we still wanted to take care of naps. And it was cut short with Ben's procedure that he had done. He was out for a couple of weeks with that, not being able to get it wet at first, and then just having to make sure he was taking it easy.
We spent 2 weeks up in New York, which is always a good time! Allison came down & hung out here for a couple of days. Then she helped with the drive up to Buffalo. Felt like we were pretty busy when we were home, but it was a lot of fun! Jenna stayed in town for the week, so it was fun to have all 4 boys hanging out. We went to Niagara Falls, Pautler's, Paula's, a moon bounce place (which the boys loved & keep talking about!), attempted food trucks downtown, but we got rained on (poured on!), a car show with Papa, wings @ Anchor Bar, we wanted to go to canal side, but Friday was a rainy day. We ended up going to Kevin's cabin on Saturday & spent the night up there. Boys loved it, gators to ride, tractors to sit on, fishing, lots of fun! Then we were off to Mark's parents where we went on a hike to the Lower falls @ Letchworth, spent a couple of days at the fair, took out the canoe.
I'm a co-organizer with the mom's group I'm part of, so that's keeping me busy & active with lots of different people. I figured I'd keep up with it since I need to keep Ben busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment