How is it almost July already?! I feel like I'm constantly saying this but time sure does fly.
We officially have a 1st grader in our house! Thursday was Jim's last day of kindergarten & it's now summertime for us. They had a fun kindergarten celebration for his last day - his classroom was packed, lots of family there for their kids. They had pizza, then we watched a little slide show from the pics she took from the year. Then they all got their kindergarten certificate, and a couple of awards were handed out. Jim got the Academic Excellence award - super proud of him for that! It's an award given to "1 person in each class who consistently demonstrates intellectual curiosity, interest, motivation, and ownership of one's own learning. This student demonstrates the ability to collaborate, and think critically." Way to go Jim! Hope he continues with his love of learning throughout his school years.
We really lucked out and had a great teacher! I think the year went really well! Jim is doing great with his reading, and I love how he sounds everything out when he's writing! Am excited to see what 1st grade has to bring. And am hopeful that we will have a very positive experience with Ben's first year of school as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment