Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Christmas Meme

A CHRISTMAS MEME

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
At Christmas time, definitely wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. Hopefully one day we'll get a real tree. It's hard now when we go away for the holidays - wouldn't want to leave a real tree alone for awhile while we're off visiting family. I do have a candle right next to the tree that smells like a real Christmas tree.

3. When do you put up the tree?
I'd say it's usually the weekend after we get back from Thanksgiving. Which I guess works out to be the 1st weekend in December.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Sometime during the week after New Year's. I guess it all depends on what our New Year's plans our. Usually like to have it done before that weekend so we can bring everything up to the attic.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Nope, not at all.


6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmmm, that's a tough one, I'll have to come back to this.


7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, I've got 2. One I got when my mom & I went shopping for my first Christmas tree. And then I got a little one from Mark's parents the other year for Christmas.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Whichever of my siblings I draw for that year. I always seem to have good ideas throughout the year for them, but when it comes time for shopping I draw a blank.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
The last couple of years - my parents. We've been going in on a joint gift, and it's pretty easy to come up with something that they'd definitely enjoy.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don't have a good memory. Nothing sticks out.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas Cards?
I'm still with the mailing of them. As a matter of fact I just finished mine, just need to put the return address labels on them, stamp them, and put them in the mail!.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I'd have to stick with the Charlie Brown's Christmas. I remember watching that, what every year throughout grade school. Don't get sick of it.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
After Thanksgiving is over with.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Can't say I ever have....

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Ummm, the entire Christmas eve meal - from the pirogis, to the seafood, to the family-after-dinner-shots. I think it may be my all time favorite meal!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Definitely the colored lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
You can't go wrong with Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We travel to go back home...


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I think I got them all down pat. And with hearing The Night Before Christmas every year for the last 26 years - I think I could do it no problem.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
The past couple years it's been a start...But this year we decided to go with Otto.

21. Open the presents Christmas eve or morning?
Presents from the siblings - Christmas eve. Presents from Santa - Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Going to the mall to get my shopping done and having a million other people there.

23. What I love most about Christmas?
What is there not to love? The Christmas music...Christmas decorations....Spending quality time with the family...Good food...I could go on and on. It's great!

No comments: