Monday, September 8, 2008

Rest of the weekend...

Let's see, so on Saturday we got up and went to the gym. It was raining pretty hard all morning with the remnants of Hurricane Hanna coming through the area. Mark drove separately, and went to work for awhile, and I headed home. Was sitting on the couch watching TV debating whether or not I should go downstairs and do StairMaster...And then Clara called around noon, she had an appointment at 1:00 at David's Bridal to go looking at bridesmaids dresses and wanted to know if I wanted to go with her. So that made up my mind about working out. Drove to her place and we headed over to David's. She had a list of dresses that came in the particular color that the bride likes, so she tried all those on. Had a good time with that. It was fun too to look at all the bride-to-bes trying on wedding dresses. Clara also tried on a couple more wedding dresses herself.

The rain was coming down pretty hard all day and went I left from Clara's I tried to take Eisenhower down to see what Cameron Run looked like, but it must had been pretty bad because they cops had the road blocked off. Then I went down by where the box culvert is, and that was all pretty much underwater...and Telegraph Road was shut down...As well as Huntington. Got home and Mark & I drove around to see if anything had flooded. Went down to the Marina, which wasn't bad at all...and went down to King Street, which that too wasn't bad at all. Tried to check out Cameron Run again, but everything was shut down, so we were done driving around.

After our drive around town, we came home and napped. Our sorry football team played today against Akron, and we lost. We were saying that there's a good chance we won't win a single game this season, pathetic. I went to the store and got some shrimp and made shrimp scampi for dinner which was very yummy. We stayed in, and watched a movie, God Grew Tired of Us - about the Lost Boys of Sudan which was a good movie!

Sunday morning we went to the gym, and then went for a run down on the trail after that. Went to Southside for brunch, which was good! And went to the store to get our grocery shopping done for the week. Cleaned the floors...Watched some TV...the usual. Grilled some sausages for dinner...Made my usual Sunday phone calls...

No comments: