It's been a quite month. Guess not too much exciting happening in February.
There's been a couple plane crashes in the past couple of weeks. The 1st one happened in January - a US Airway flight had just taken off in New York and was headed down to North Carolina. Within minutes of take-off - apparently the plane had hit some birds knocking out both engines. Miraculously the pilot landed the plane - in the Hudson - and all 155 on board survived! 'Sully' the pilot did an excellent job crash landing the plane - known as the Miracle on the Hudson.
Another one happened right in my parents backyard. A flight coming in from Newark was only a couple miles from the Buffalo airport when it went down - hitting a house - and killing everyone on board. I was watching the news the next morning and they were broadcasting from Clarence Center - which is real close to my parents. Turns out the crash was right off the peanut trail - I think I used to run down to that area. I guess the cause of that crash was ice forming on the wings. Ashley had heard a bunch of sirens - but at the time didn't know what was going on. Then Amanda called her and told her to turn on the news to see what was going on.
And just the other day a plane landing in Amsterdam crashed - killing 9 people on board.
Makes me not want to fly anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment