Went home to Buffalo this past weekend. Left work a little after 3:00 to drive up to BWI for my 5:55 flight. Had no problems with that. The fam picked me up at the airport and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. (Ashley had to work...and Rob & Jenna were on their way up from Pittsburgh - so it was mom, dad, Allison & myself...) We did try going to Grover's 1st - but the wait was too long. Had a good time at dinner! Drank a couple beers...ate a lot of wings...played some touch screen games with everyone...and then ended the night with a car bomb. We tried to get dad to do one - but no such luck. Just hung out at home for the rest of the night. Ashley got home from work - and we gave Allison her big stuffed bear that Ashley found in the basement. I think we were more excited giving it to her!
Saturday morning we got up bright and early so we could all go to the gym. Not a good idea to drink beer, do a car bomb, and get up early to try to work out. Lifting wasn't bad at all...I did 20 dips all by myself! Allison & I jumped rope for awhile...and did a bunch of weights. Then we went upstairs to do the virtual bike. We raced - 1st Allison, Rob & myself, and I pretty much was on a stroll ride. Then Rob got off and Mom decided to race us - and again I felt like I was pretty much walking on the bike. Felt pretty crappy. Oh, and I forgot to mention I had nothing to eat that morning. Not a good combination. After the gym we stopped at Tim Horton's to get breakfast, came home and ate that. And then pretty much spent the day hanging out. Went to 4:00 Mass, and then left for the Buffalo Club at 5:45. Had a good time at the retirement dinner! The 3 girls went up to the bar tender (it had to be someone that didn't know us) and asked him if he thought we were all sisters...he said Ashley and I were - but not Allison...and then we asked him to put us in order of age - and he guessed me as the oldest!!! That made my night :) Dinner was good - ate a lot...and then a bunch of the guys got up and said a couple things about my dad...and he proceeded to funnel a beer! Ashley had a couple of glasses of wine - so she was pretty emotional when dad was talking. But all in all a good night!
Sunday morning got up - mom cooked us breakfast. Rob & Jenna hit the road...Hung out for awhile. Helped to scan pictures for the retirement slide show Rob's making for dad. And then before you knew it - it was time to head to the airport. I think I left home just before 12:30 and made it back to my house in Alexandria by 3:30. A 3 hour trip definitely beats the 8 hour car drive. Was pretty tired on Sunday. We ended up sitting outside for awhile - Mark had built a little fire...he smoked his Cuban cigar...Made some pizza for dinner. Ate that while we started to watch the Superbowl. Then went next door for a bit. I didn't make it through the end of the game - heck I barely made it through halftime before falling asleep on the couch. But the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals...
No comments:
Post a Comment