Okay, so now I'm up to the weekend, finally.
Saturday morning we got up, mom & dad came over...Mark went to work. Ashley & I started to make the sweet bread

Allison, Rob & Dad went to
Panera to get some stuff done, and mom & I went to Church. They had a 9:30 morning prayer followed by the blessing of the Easter Baskets. It wasn't what I was used to. Don't think it's a big tradition at all at my Church. I'd say there were only 7 baskets there, and it was just a quick blessing. Nothing like when we did it all the time at St. George's and they went through all the different foods and what each one symbolized. Dad & I had a little weight lifting competition - and I do have to say I think I beat him! we benched based on % body weight...

We were trying to figure out what to do during the day. Tossing around the idea of going back into the city...or going to the Air & Space Museum at Dulles. But ended up doing neither of those. The girls went shopping and the guys all went to the gym with Mark. We went over to Kingstown to
TJMaxx. I tried on a couple of dresses and everyone laughed. Nothing fits me good at all. Afterwards we all laughed about how I was trying on some nice sheets. Do want to find another dress for all the weddings we have this year. Got done with that and came back home and got ready for dinner. Mom & Dad came back over, and we had the little slide show for Dad. Rob did a good job putting that together. Then we gave him his clock, and the scrapbook of letters that everyone wrote for him. There were a handful of letters from family members, but he also wrote a bunch of people, and they sent letters in return - like Michael Jordan, Mohammad Ali, J.K. Rowling, Lance Armstrong etc. Thought he did a good job with that.

Was a little annoyed at the end because Rob decided to give him his dinner to the
Duquense Club. We had talked Friday night, and many times while we were planning it that he should give it to him separate since it was just from him. But I guess he didn't listen to any of our opinions.

Anyways, after we were done with that we made our way down to Old Town for dinner at
Overwood. Think that was a real good choice. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their dinners...And no one was overly stuffed afterwards. The 3 girls stopped by the bar to do a shot...Which Ashley complained and said it wasn't good, which then proceeded to us getting another shot for free from the bar tender....

We then walked up King Street to
Murhpy's and spent the rest of the night there. Had a real good time there! Mom & Dad even stuck around for quite awhile. Got done a couple shots of
sambuca, and even got him to do a Car Bomb!!!

Mom, Dad, Rob & Ashley left, and Allison, Mark & I stayed for another set. Rob was getting up at 6am to head back to Pittsburgh, and Ashley was done drinking. Was
definitely a good night!!!!

Sunday morning we got up and went to Church. Was originally planning to go to 9:00, but since everyone had a good time at
Murhpy's we decided to go to 10:30. Took the family to Good Shepherd - and it was pretty crazy getting in. Everyone must have gotten there early, and the 9:00 Mass ran late, so when we got there everyone was standing in the hallway waiting to get in. We got home from that and cooked our usual Easter morning breakfast. I was pretty pooped, so I ended up taking a nap after that. Pretty much just spent the day hanging out. And before you knew it, it was time to start getting dinner ready. Mom had made her sauce yesterday, and we just decided to stick with pasta since that was easy. Enjoyed a very tasty dinner!!! We all cleaned up from that, and then mom & dad made their way back to the hotel. And the girls just relaxed the rest of the evening.
All in all it was a GREAT time with them!! Everyone was in good moods, and I think everyone had a lot of fun! It was even nice to come home on Monday after work, and the girls straightened everything up...emptied the dishwasher...wiped down the bathroom sink...and left us with a couple of gift cards, to Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Sears, &
TJMaxx. I have a great family!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment