Monday, June 1, 2009

1/2 a wasted weekend

Had a pretty good weekend - or at least the first 1/2 of it.

Friday we didn't do anything - I picked up sandwiches for dinner and we ate those and enjoyed a beer or two. Mark wanted to go into work normal time so he didn't want to do anything too crazy.

Like I said Mark got up at normal time to go into work, which meant Heather getting up early as well. I was able to fall back asleep when he went downstairs but once he came back up to get ready I was wide awake. I got up and pretty much relaxed around the house until it was time to head out for our 8:50 dentist appointment. I have a stupid cavity. Haven't had one in ages, and apparently there's one starting to form under an existing filling. Went to the gym after that, and then stopped by Sears to look at a new vacuum. Decided we'd go home & see if we couldn't order the replacement parts online. Decided to go down into Old Town for dinner. We went to King Street Blues - able to sit outside and enjoy dinner and a beer. Was a very nice night! Were planning to go home & drink another beer or 2 outside. But when we got home, Maggie & Rolf were out so we ended up going next door & having a beer with them. Mark's couple of beers than turned into a rum & coke..which they proceeded to finish off the bottle of rum...once that happened, they decided it'd be a good idea to go get the bottle of whiskey that we had at home - and proceeded to finish about 3/4 of that. I was good & stuck with the beer, with a couple swigs of whiskey when we passed the bottle around. Which made for a much better Sunday for me.

Sunday morning we got up - and Mark was pretty hung over. I had tickets to the O's game from a supplier at work, which were really good seats. But we couldn't even go to the game. Mark just couldn't make it. He laid around all day...I spent the day outside, did some reading, made all my Sunday phone calls...Had to run to the grocery store to get Mark some crackers & ginger ale. And just cooked plain noodles for him for dinner. It was such a gorgeous day outside - and a bummer that we couldn't make it to the game. Hopefully next time Mark will just stick with the beer...He does owe me tickets to the O's game now!

No comments: