Monday, June 8, 2009

Our weekend

Friday was a pretty good day! It was a rainy day here at work - and were supposed to have a BBQ for the Milestone that we completed the other weekend - but postponed that until Tuesday. At our engineers meeting Pete decided that CKC was going to buy everyone lunch. Michelle & I were able to convince Pete & Rick that we should do lunch at Bungalow Billiards and then have some free time after that (aka stay there for a couple of beers...) The group of us enjoyed a good lunch, and then a handful of us stayed there for awhile. They were all getting pretty drunk, but knowing that I was going to have to drive myself home I behaved myself. Stopped at Safeway on my way home and picked up a pizza to make for dinner.

Saturday morning got up, Mark got ready to go to work and I got ready for Six Flags. Tiffany picked me up around 9:30 and we met up with Nicole at Prince George's Community College, and we took off for Six Flags. Had a pretty good time there! We got there right when it opened so there were no lines at all. We rode all the roller coasters...skipped out on the water rides because it was pretty cloudy and cool out. None of us wanted to be walking around soaking wet, and not having the sun to dry us out. I think it was about 2:00 when we finished riding everything. All 3 of us started getting headaches from all the bouncing around - so we called it a day. I don't think I could have ridden another roller coaster. Got home and did decide to go for a run. I did the hill - go me! Then Mark & I went down to Old Town for dinner - ate at the Fish Market. Came home and put in a movie - which of course I fell asleep right away.

Sunday morning we got up - went to the gym. Then decided to paint our shed door. We're painting it orange - with a blue stripe - similar to our oars. It's pretty bright - but it looks pretty cool! I baked some chocolate chip cookies - and then we headed up to Kristin's. Got to see her new place - which is pretty big! Jeff, Dana & Alex came over as well - so it was good hanging out with everyone! The boys did some grilling. It wasn't until after 7:00 when we left there. We got back and put a second coat of paint on the shed door - and then called it a night.

No comments: