Monday, October 12, 2009

Busy, Busy Weekend

We were in town this weekend - but felt we were constantly doing something. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Saturday morning we had gotten up, and went to the gym early in the morning. Mark had a 12:00 eye appointment, so he wanted to go before that. He went to the Doctor, and I started to watch the Syracuse vs. West Virginia game. The first play started off really well, until yet once again we threw an interception, and it was all down hill from there. After the game, Nicole had given me a call - she was down in Old Town - so I met up with her and Laura at the Gap, and walked around for awhile with them. As we were crossing Washington Street I randomly ran into LeAnn & Josh. Apparently they were staying at the National Harbor for some convention. But what are the chances that I'd run into them?! I walked around awhile more with them until I started to get very hungry. Went to Eammon's to get some fish and chips, and ran into Dennis & Julia there. I haven't seen them in ages. It was good catching up with them! They had been at an Oktoberfest at Rustico, and were a little tipsy. But Dennis was saying how excited he is for me! And how excited Kyle is as well! Got the fish and made my way back home. Suzanne, Mike, and Connor came over for liters of beer. It was good seeing them. And that was our Saturday!

Sunday morning got up and went to Church. After that we went to the gym. Cleaned the floors when we got home. We had run out of swifters so I ended up mopping the floors. I had planned to meet up with Clara and we were going to go to Babies 'R Us so she could help me start my registry. We were originally going to go to the one out in Chantilly, but we were pretty busy during the day, and we had invited our neighbors over for lasagna, and I still had to bake that. I didn't want to not do something, so we ended up going to the Babies 'R Us/Toys 'R Us just here in Kingstown. Ava came along as well. Started to register for a bunch of stuff. It was nice to have Clara there to tell me what I needed and what I could have down without...and to hear her side, or sister's sides of this one worked well, or this one sucked. I got a lot done, but since it was a combined store there weren't a ton of options for the bigger items. So I need to go to just a Kids 'R Us so I can look at bedding, cribs, rocking chairs, high chairs, etc. She dropped me back home and I made a couple phone calls. And then started to cook up my lasagna. I didn't realize how time consuming it is. Luckily I made the sauce before I went to the store. Maggie & Rolf came over for some yummy dinner! And that was our weekend.

No comments: