Monday, November 9, 2009

Gorgeous November Weekend in Town

Was a beautiful weekend here in town! It was hard to believe that it's November with how gorgeous the weather was. Friday after work, I went over to Falls Church. Went to Old Navy to see if they had anything good in the maternity section. I tried on some of their tops, and am glad I didn't order any awhile back - they did not fit me right at all. I do have to say I am a fan of their jeans though. After that I made my way to Babies 'R Us. I did some looking around, looked at strollers, and then Mark made his way there. We ended up ordering our crib! We got the Babi Italia Eastside Lifestyle Crib...and ordered the toddler rail and conversion to full size bed to go along with it, so it can grow with the babe. Mark looked at a couple of strollers with me, and then we took off. Ended up ordering Chinese food for dinner.
Saturday we decided to go into the city. We stopped by the gym first, and walked over to the Pentagon Metro, leaving there around 2:00 or so, and ended up meeting up with Nicole down there. We stopped into the Library of Congress to check that out. Then went to the new Capitol Visitor Center, and took a tour of the Capitol. After that we walked down to Bullfeather's, and Mark & Nicole got a beer and we split some nachoes. Was nice that Nicole came down and met up with us! We metroed home after that, and didn't do much the rest of the evening. We had leftover Chinese for dinner, and put in our movie. It's the 1st time we've watched one of our Netflix movies in months. Of course I fell asleep during it (Leatherheads). Mark stayed up and watched it, he drank a beer. He got up in the middle of the movie to go the bathroom. And I guess after he was done he started feeling dizzy and we think that he passed out for a second. (He said it was like the feeling when you stand up really fast...) I was worried for awhile after that happened, but he said he was back to feeling normal. He thinks it's similiar to how his dad gets every now and then so he's going to talk to him about that.

Sunday morning got up and went to Church. Once I got home from that, I went to Target so I could finish up my registry there, while Mark got started on stuff around the house. Mark & I went to the gym. We decided to go running afterwards. Like I had said early it was gorgeous outside. We did our usual run to the bridge and back. I ran the whole way there. Definitely didn't break any records with my speed - but all in all was happy with what I did! Got home and helped Mark with raking the leaves. We got done with that and was going to start cleaning the inside of the cars, but ended up chatting with Rolf for a little bit. Then we went back to the cars - Mark vacuumed and I took care of Armo-Alling. Like I had said it was gorgeous weekend so we decided we'd grill salmon for dinner, had salmon, rice, and spinach which was pretty yummy. As usual I made all my Sunday phone calls as well. All in all a good weekend!

No comments: