This past weekend was our third trip up to the 'Cuse for the season. We were originally going to take that Friday off (when we were planning to go to the game on the 10th). I had taken that day back, and Mark decided to still take it off. He took care of a bunch of yard work during the day; saw the crew that was knocking down the little porch that was next door; and met the guy 2 doors down who is gutting that house. I left work around 3:00 or so, and we hit the road. We had made a hotel reservation in Scranton so we drove there, making it in a little after 9:00.
Saturday we got up bright and early and hit the road for Syracuse. I had called mom & dad and let them know that we were leaving - and hoping they would leave at the same time. I think they were a little behind us...and they got stuck in some pretty heavy rain so it took them longer to get there. Mark & I made our way up to Skytop to do some tailgating. It was pretty empty up there, and the weather wasn't the best. It was pretty windy, and then it would rain for 30 seconds...then stop for a bit...Then it started to rain pretty good so we decided we had enough. The parents were still about a 1/2 hour away, so we decided just to meet them on campus. We got a burger on the quad and met up with mom & dad. I ended up going to the bookstore with mom, while Mark & Dad went inside. The game was good - of course another loss. The story of the season...Things start off looking pretty good, and then an Interception is thrown and everything is down hill from there. After the game we met mom & dad at Danzer's - which was this awesome German restaurant over by Skytop. We ate some yummy food - dad & Mark enjoyed some yummy beer, and enjoyed some good company! Mom gave us a pumpkin - filled with little snacks, and no candy - good job Mom! And she also got me another maternity top. And then we said our good-byes. I drove back to Scranton that night, and called it a night.
Got up Sunday morning, and hit the road home. It was daylight savings time - so we ended up leaving pretty early. The drive home wasn't bad at all. I can't remember - but I don't think we did much of anything once we got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment