Monday, November 16, 2009

New York, New York

This past weekend we made our way up to NYC for a quick trip. It was good to do though. Mark had made a comment earlier on that it won't be much longer when we can't make these random trips as easy. I was a little unsure at first, with how much we'd end up spending on the train tickets + hotel and stuff, but it was well worth it!

Friday after work I made my way to the Springfield Mall along with Clara. We went into JCPenny's and I found a couple cute maternity tops that I got. Was hoping to find something for the shower &/or Christmas. I then went over to Macy's, but wasn't a huge fan of their selection. I felt weird in the store, their maternity section was off on it's own in a corner, and it didn't seem to well lit up, so I got out of there and went to Motherhood. The salesperson there must of been really bored. She kept pulling more and more clothes for me to try on. I ended up walking out of there with a new pair of jeans, khaki's, and a new top. I do like the way that stuff fit and looked on me. After Mark was done working, he stopped by Babies 'R Us to pick up our crib!! Ended up picking up a pizza from Safeway to make for dinner - and by 8:00 I was asleep. With it being Friday, the end of a work week, and shopping really wore me out!

Saturday morning we got up, and decided to drive to my office and leave our car here. We walked over to the Eisenhower Metro, and made our way to Union Station. The train was about 2 hours late - so that was a little annoying. But once the train arrived, the ride wasn't all that bad. It took about 3 1/2 hours to get up there. We checked into our hotel - a Hampton Inn a couple blocks up from Penn Station and then made our way north to Akiva's place. We ended up walking about 60 blocks to get there. Stopping to get dinner at a bar on the way. And then we stopped at another bar to kill some time before his party started. It'd of been a little better had it not of been misting. Akiva's place was nice, pretty big for a NYC apartment. It was good getting to visit with everyone. We haven't seen him or Andy in a long time. Joe and his sister were there, as well as Seattle. There was no walking back, we ended up catching a cab and called it a night.

Sunday morning we got up, and grabbed breakfast down in the lobby. Not too shabby for a continental breakfast. We then made our way to Penn Station, and back to D.C. Again, the train ride wasn't bad at all. Got home, I think we both took a nap (even though there was a little napping involved on the train.) We then brought the crib inside...Ran to the grocery store...Decided since it was pretty nice outside that we would grill for dinner, so I made some chicken. After that we worked on putting the crib together...Er, should I say I helped with Mark putting the crib together, he did most of it. I was also working on cleaning out the closet in the nursery. I think I've got a total of 3 bags as of now to take to a donation spot! Slowly but surely we're getting things all together for the arrival of our little one!

No comments: