Friday after work I had planned to meet up with Nicole to do some shopping at Pentagon City. It worked out well because Mark was planning to go back into work Friday night because they were doing a couple shut downs & waterline work. Left work and was a little early, so I stopped at Bed Bath & Beyond to try to pick something up for Nicole's shower - which I didn't have any luck with. The store I went to didn't have a whole lot of the items she registered for, so I figured I'd try to the one by our house, or order on line. Made my way over to the Mall and met up with Nicole. She had a successful shopping trip - finding both jewelery and shoes for her wedding, as well as a top for her bachelorette party. I did stop at McDonald's on my way home for a shamrock shake. I was pretty exhausted when I finally made it home - which was around 9:00...I went to bed, and I think Mark got home around midnight or so.
Saturday morning we got up and went to the gym. Think it may be one of my last gym days. Who'd of though - 36 weeks pregnant and still lifting. Had gorgeous weather this weekend - which Mark took full advantage of. He dug out part of the back yard to put in some underdrain pipe and buckets to help with our river that flows through there during the heavy rains. While he was doing that, I went to run errands - which everything seemed to take forever. Went to the Post Office first - huge line...Than ran to Bed Bath & Beyond and did find something for Nicole, so I'm all set with that...Stopped at Carter's and picked up a couple things there...Then went into TJMaxx to see if I could find anything for a 2nd part to Nicole's shower gift. Was thinking of getting something that she could use on her honeymoon & embarrass her, but had no luck....Then ran into Safeway. Figured I'd get some sandwiches for lunch - the guy took forever to make them, and by the time he was done I was feeling a little crappy. I picked up some milk & bread so we'd have something to eat at our class on Sunday, and couldn't do anymore shopping. Mark was still out working - but finished up with everything by 2:00 so we could watch Syracuse loose to Louisville. Twice this season they beat us, which sucks. We ran to Eammon's to pick up some fish & chips for dinner which we brought home...And then we were in bed by 9:00. I can always go to bed early with no problem - but Mark was pretty beat from working until midnight Friday night.
Sunday was our Childbirth class at the hospital from 9:30-3:30. It actually wasn't all that bad! We had a real good instructor. Being there for 6 hours did get to be a little long. Around 2:00 both of us looked at each other and said we were done. We finished about an hour later. I had read about a lot of it - the entire labor & delivery process - but it was nice to hear from someone that's been there, and has worked in the hospital. And I think it was good for Mark as well so he knows what to expect once the time comes. We got home from that, and Mark took care of some more stuff outside. And I ran to Safeway to get the groceries for the week. Made some chicken for dinner...And worked on going through the pictures that I just ordered so I can put them into photo albums.
No comments:
Post a Comment