Monday, March 29, 2010

Our Weekend

Had a pretty good weekend. Didn't really do much of anything. Figured I should enjoy that now - as it could possibly be our last weekend being just the two of us.

Friday after work I stopped at Safeway for our usual pizza dinner. And then relaxed on the couch for a bit until Mark got home. We ran down to Home Depot to pick up a couple of things so Mark could take care of jobs on his list tomorrow. Got home from there, made my pizza, and watched some TV until it was time for bed.

Saturday morning we got up, and Mark went to the gym. I didn't do a whole lot, enjoyed sitting around on the couch, watching TV. Started to do some laundry. I did go through our filing cabinet and got rid of old utility bills and stuff like that. Mark got home from the gym and we ran to Lowe's to pick up a couple of things. Mark did a bunch of stuff outside. I think he's much happier now that the weather is finally starting to feel like spring. He weeded out front - which looks much better! And will look even better once we plant our flowers. He also cleaned out the garden and put up some new fence - again it looks good - and will look much better once we plant some veggies and they start growing. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't help him out with the stuff...It won't be too long! While he was working outside, I did run to the store to get stuff to make Jambalaya for dinner Sunday. It was very sad that there was no basketball for us to watch :( We ended up going down to Old Town with the neighbors - enjoying a good dinner at Overwood! It is nice that Maggie is pregnant, giving us each someone to talk with. She's been doing well - 11 weeks behind us. Got home watched some TV for a bit and like usual, fell asleep on the couch.

Sunday morning woke up pretty early. Went to Church - it was Palm Sunday. Got home from that, Mark went to the gym, and I got everything together for our Jambalaya. Mark got home and we had a quick lunch, and then went out to get gas and go to the grocery store. I figured it'd be easier to go with Mark than by myself to get the rest of the groceries for the week. We got home from that, and Mark too care of the floors. He did everything for me. I started to swifter the babies room, but he told me not to worry about it that he'll take care of i. Again, I'm looking forward for things getting back to normal and being able to help out with the simple things like that. I made my usual Sunday phone calls. We attempted to put together our swing & bouncer, but had issues with both of them. The screws on the bouncer did not tighten right, and it was a recliner of a seat that went back with not any pressure at all. Not a good thing for the baby to use. And then the swing was cracked on the legs, and they didn't go together. We'll be off to Target to try to return them. Enjoyed the Jambalaya for dinner - as well as finally getting to watch our movie - The Hurt Locker, only a month since we've received it...

No comments: