Just some random advice / comments / thoughts that I have received and or heard to get me through raising my two boys...
- I am the boss...Mark told me this today, as I was telling him how Jim was unhappy that we had to go inside. It was time for lunch, and time for Ben to eat. Of course Jim said no, and starred to cry. As much as he loves being outside, we aren't going to be able to spend every minute out here. And he's going to have to get used to going in when I tell him its time.
- Your older son (or daughter) will not break the baby. That was told to me at a wedding last year, from a mom of two, about the same age difference as Jim and Ben. I think if I didn't hear that, I would have been a lot more paranoid with Jim being around Ben. But really, what harm can he do? I do have to remind jim, several times, to be gentle with Ben. But so.far, so good.
- It's okay to let the baby cry while tending to your older one. I have already had to do this. It was time for both of them to eat, so I let Ben cry, while I fixed Jim a sandwich. And thr I was ablr to feed Ben while Jim was eating. It was on someone's blog that I read this, and thy mentioned that the little one won't remember, but the older one will.
- I think I will learn how to do a lot one handed in the next couple of weeks. I have already started to learn! I am also getting good at nursing Ben while walking around.
- There will be some days I will get nothing accomplished...besides looking fter the two. I think I will have a hard time at first with this...but I need to rememebr that my hands may be full...and laundry, or whatever other job I want to take care of will still be there tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment