- Things are going great here! It's been wonderful having family down here helping us out! Aunt Ashley is here for the week.
- Had to take Ben back to the doctor on Friday. At his 2 week check-up he was only 8lbs. 8ozs, and they said they want babies back to their birth weight at that point. Since was 8lbs 15ozs at birth, we had to go back for a weight check. Thank goodness he gained weight, was an ounce shy @ 8lbs 14ozs, but she wasn't concerned since he gained a good amount between Monday and Friday.
- Having said that, breastfeeding is going really well! We have no issues - so I'm not sure why he wasn't gaining much. I guess he's just a slow gainer. I did my best and didn't stress over this during the week. I knew he was eating just fine - so what was there to worry about? The doctor said I should be waking him every 3 hours at night to feed him, and that could have been the main reason he wasn't gaining.
- Speaking of sleep - Ben is amazing! We usually make our way upstairs around 8:30. Mark takes care of getting Jim ready for bed...and I start to feed Ben for one last time. We usually go to sleep around 9:30 or so. It's early like that for Mark since he gets up early in the AM for work. Sometimes we put Ben down in his swing, and he's fine, other times we have to get him and he falls asleep in bed with us. There's been a couple of nights where he didn't wake up again until 5:00. But other nights he's up around 1:00 and 5:00 to eat.
- I've been getting a good amount of sleep which has been wonderful. I have no problems going back to sleep when Ben wakes up. Although, I do struggle sometimes after the 5:00 feeding. Especially if Mark is in the room getting ready for work.
- We moved Jim into his big boy truck bed Saturday night. 2 nights down and he's done great! Saturday night we didn't hear a peep out of him until he woke up in the AM. Last night he did wake up twice, once around 1:00 calling out our names. Mark went to see what was wrong, and he was really close to the edge of the bed. And then we heard him again around 5, and Mark said his feet were hanging off the edge. But so far, so good.
- I was 137.5 this weekend. So in a week I lost 1.5 pounds. I will take that. A pound a week will suit me just fine right now.
- I do need to get back into walking! Ever since the day we went to Target & Home Depot, and felt like I may had overdone it just a bit, (mind you this was only a week and half after my c-section), I've been extra cautious. But I think I am ready to get back into exercising!
- One of these days I will update with some pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment