Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Work

Now that I'm finally caught up with the trip posts, I can finally talk about stuff that's been going on outside of traveling...

The past week at work has pretty much sucked. We're coming down to the last couple months on our project. Which at some point or another, we need to move our trailer out of where it is so we can complete the work in the parking lot. We decided last Friday we'd be moving a new trailer in...And then had scheduled for the following Wednesday to start breaking apart our old, double wide trailer. We just moved our superintendents trailer out of here, and that took a good solid 2 days, and his trailer is half the size as ours. I kinda mentioned that I didn't think 3 days was going to be long enough....And sure enough, the move got pushed back to Friday...And then pushed back again to Tuesday....

The part that sucked is I had to pack up the trailer pretty much all by myself. Yeah, that wasn't fun at all. Boxing up almost 5 years worth of files...Going through like 5 different engineers stuff...Sorting through 5 years of drawings...Throwing out 5 years of junk that's been accumulating. Not a fun time. The thing that really got me is I was on my own boxing everything up. I wish I could of been off this project for like a month, and seen how others were able to handle this situation without me.

I spent pretty much a full week packing everything up. Luckily I have some great field guys, that I didn't have to physically move everything. They'd load up the boxes onto Harry, and then unload it down into the new trailer.

I was also stuck organizing everything in the new trailer. You don't think I would've gotten some help with this all.

So now that I wasted a whole week doing all this work by myself, I'm pretty far behind on my regular work items. Projection's due tomorrow, and I haven't even started to look at it.

Not to mention that my office is a mess. I need to organize everything. But I don't have time to do that because I'm still playing catch-up with the work that I didn't do last week.

So yeah, it's basically been a wonderful past week at work. (Can you sense my sarcasm here?!) I'm so ready to be done with this project and move onto something new...Hopefully with some new people as well.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the fact that since the project is coming to a close, the state is going through all their books, and giving me lists of tickets/documentionat that's missing. Oh, and guess who's the lucky one to get to go through all that, and find missing tickets...That's been missing for almost 5 years now....Yep, me. Oh, this is going to be fun. Seeing that I'll have NO help in this department either.

No comments: