Last night I went into D.C. to meet up with Nicole & others for her birthday dinner...Getting down there was an adventure. ..
1st I drove to the Huntington Metro Station, and go inside only to find out that there was no service between Huntington & King Street. Got back in my car & figured I'd drive down by King Street & hope that i find a parking spot...As I'm leaving I realize there are a bunch of cars in the parking garage, and I was hoping I just read the sign wrong...So I drove down to the garage on Huntington, & sure enough they were doing track work...I would've taken a shuttle to King Street, but I didn't know what time I'd be home, and didn't want to be riding a bus alone late at night.
So I drove over near King Street & was hoping to find a parking spot close to the Metro. I sure did - but it entailed parallel parking in front of a bunch of people - yeah, that was not fun at all. It took me like 10 trys, but I finally got in!! And I think I stole the parking spot from someone who was waiting in a driveway across the street. (He was blocked in by buses - oops).
Anyways, I made it down safely. Nicole picked a place right by the Verizon Center - which it shouldn't have been that big of a deal seeing that it was Monday evening - but it so happened it was the night of a Bruce Springsteen concert. So we go in at 6:30 to put our names in - and they tell us a 2 hour wait. It's hard staying out late on a weeknight...But luckily they over-estimated.
No comments:
Post a Comment