Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cindy & Matt's Wedding

Last weekend Cindy & Matt got married.

Left work a little early on Friday, so I would beat traffic on 270. I got out of there around 1:30 and didn't have any troubles. Made it up to the hotel right around 5:30, so a 4 hour drive wasn't all that bad. Brought all my stuff upstairs, and gave everyone there gifts...I had wine glasses for mom's mother's day gift...a scrap book I had started for Allison...and a graduation gift for Ashley.

We then headed over to Aunt Karen & Uncle Bill's house. They were have a little Bar-b-que. Had a good time there! Ate some good food, had a couple of beers, and went swimming with Christopher. He was having a great time in the pool!

Friday night Rob & Jenna were getting the pull-out couch together, and apparently when they opened it up there was a huge stain on the mattress pad cover that wreaked. Rob went downstairs with it, and they ended up giving us a third room...Which was good b/c the pull-out couch Allison & I were going to share was tiny.

Got up Saturday AM and went to a spa to get a pedi-cure. I think the Chinese people do a lot better with painting nails. I'll have to remember to stick with them in the future. After that we got all the cookie trays assembled, and took those over to the reception. And before you knew it it was time to head to the Church for the wedding.

They had a very nice ceremony. The reception started right after the ceremony. We got there around 3:00. Thought for sure it'd be ending early around 6-7, but I was wrong. We didn't leave there until after 10:00. We did do the usual and passed around a bottle of Jim before the reception for everyone to have a shot or 2 of it...
They were supposed to have the reception outside in a tent, and it was a good thing they didn't because it was over 100 degrees outside. Inside was pretty bad as well, with all the people in a little room it got very hot. Steve & Amir ran to Wal-Mart to buy some fans which helped out. The reception was good though! Did a lot of dancing! Went back to the parents room for a bit before calling it a night.
Sunday morning I decided to stop at Aunt Karen's for the brunch they were having. Figured I wasn't in a big rush to get home and it'd be good to see everyone again. Ate breakfast and then hit the road back home. It did get a little boring driving by myself, but I managed.

This was also the weekend of Mary & Jess's wedding so Mark went to West VA for that. Think he had a good time there.

No comments: