Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend...

Had a pretty decent weekend. Friday came home from work and waited for Mark to get home. And then the 2 of us went to Southside for a beer & 1/2 price burgers. We'd of stayed for another beer but the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics were getting ready to start, so we went home & had another beer and watched that. Beijing did a pretty impressive job with the opening ceremony.

Saturday morning Mark got up and went into work. I stopped by the field to see how my guys were doing. And then did some shopping - went to Kohl's and spent more of my Birthday gift card. Got some new jeans & pillows for the couch. Was going to go to Target & Bed Bath & Beyond, but Mark was on his way home, so I headed that was to fix some lunch. And then had a 1:00 appointment to get my hair cut. Went to PRatPartners to Christina, who actually did a decent job! After that I cut Mark's hair and then we went to the gym. Dyana & Kristin came down that evening and we went out with them. Went to King Street Blue's for dinner...and then Bilbo Baggins for drinks and played some trivia. Kristin & Dy had ordered Miller Lites so the bartender was giving us a hard time all night, putting straw characters in the beers whenever they ordered a new one. Ended the night at Murphy's and cabbed home.

Got up Sunday morning, and went to IHOP with the girls. Mark stayed home to do some outside work. And then Mark & I went up to Laurel to the horse track up there. We actually made out really well! We only stayed for 3 races and went into it each with $20, and had a little competition to see who'd walk out with more $$. The 1st 2 races I bet an exacta, and both times my horses finished 1-2, so I was ahead...And with Mark knowing that he went all out and put $5 down on 2 horses to win, and sure enough one of the horses won. So he walked away with like $43 & I walked away with $23. I needed to grow some balls and bet more than $1. Oh well, we had fun! Was going to try to bar-b-que with Adam & Clara but on our drive home it started to rain, so we cancelled that. And pretty much spent the rest of the night watching the Olympics...finishing laundry...and doing the floors.

No comments: