Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st week

A little recap of the last week of '08 and our first week of '09...

Sunday was spent recovering from all the driving we did over the holidays - and then it was back to work on Monday. Had a real busy day - everyone was off so I was busy doing time sheets, quantities, getting caught up with e-mails etc. They gave us Wednesday off - so I enjoyed 5 days off after that. I did end going in on Wednesday to check on everyone and had to go back because our subs silos had blown over into a ramp so I had to go in to take care of that. Hopefully stuff like that will pay off next week when I have my review! After that I went into the city to meet Nicole for lunch...Our New Year's was pretty quiet. We were going to hang out with our neighbors - but when Mark went over to talk to them to see what was going on and they weren't up for anything. So we ended up going to Southside for dinner, and then just hung out at home, playing some Mario Kart, drinking beer...Rolf did come over and played Mario Kart for a bit with us. Compared to the past couple years definitely the quietest New Year's we had in awhile.

I made my usual sauerkraut and pork for New Year's Day which turned out good - as good as Sauerkraut can turn out. Friday Mark had to go into work, so I finally got to enjoy a Heather day! Got to get up when I wanted to...did do stairmaster for awhile...ran to Kohl's...played a little Wii...got to watch Oprah! Mark got home before it was over, and we sat out back enjoying a little fire & beer! Good times! Watched Syracuse b-ball game...Saturday we got up and went to the gym...and relaxed during the day. We went to the Italian Restaurant on Washington St. for dinner which was pretty good, but a little pricey. And on Sunday I got up, went to Church, we went to the gym, and then we went into D.C. to the Newseum - which was pretty cool - but really expensive - $20/person to go in. Didn't think it was worth paying that much. Made Mark jambalaya for dinner...and then it was time to get ready to head back to reality - aka work....

No comments: