Monday, May 4, 2009

New Jeep!!!

Had a pretty good weekend.

Friday I ended up going into work - we were shutting down the beltway so we could set the steel over the road, and figured I'd go in for a bit to see that. Went in around 10:00 - and it wasn't until after midnight when they finally started to pick up the first girder. (Our traffic crews took forever to set everything up). It was about 3:00 when I finally decided to take off. That kinda screwed me up sleep wise for the weekend. I was able to sleep in only till 9:30. Mark went into work, and got home from that and mowed the lawn - so when I got up I started to take care of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and cleaned my bathroom, then did some weeding around the house. Once we were done with house stuff we took off to the car dealer. We were going to look at a couple different things - Jeep Liberty, a Trailblazer, Colorado, and a Ford Explorer. We did some research online before we left and had ideas of what AAA prices were as well as the Kelley Blue Book average price for what people were paying for similar cars. Wanted to have an idea of what we were looking at before we dove in. For the Liberty we were thinking it'd be around $23,000, and with our trade in we were hoping to be right around $20,000. We started off at the Jeep Dealership, and never went anywhere else. Our sales guy was pretty good! And he said that the Liberty's were around $21,000 - so when we heard it was less than everything we looked up online we didn't want to pass that up. We ended up test driving one down Route 1 7 miles to a satellite lot they had, and found a 2009 silver one that Mark really liked. We were going to drive that back up to the dealership but he couldn't get the battery to start. So we drove back up, and had to drive back down with 2 battery chargers, and got the car started and drove that up, and decided that was the one we wanted! Got our jeep appraised, and they said we'd get $4,500 for it, but Mark talked them into giving us $5,000 - and we had a deal! We ended up being there for like 6 hours, but ended up being very happy with the outcome! I think after all the taxes and everything we ended up paying $17,000 for it! Not too bad.

After that we went down to FishMarket with Maggie & Rolf for dinner. I was pretty exhausted from working last night - but had a good time with them!

Sunday morning actually slept in a bit to catch up from Friday night. The weather was pretty crappy all day so we did stuff inside - went to the gym, took care of the floors, stuff like that.

No comments: