The parents were supposed to come into town this weekend, but Dad called Thursday night saying that they decided not to make the trip down. They were worried with all the snow that we got the week before, that the side roads would've been bad...and they were worried about the snow that they were forecasting for Monday (the day they were going to head back home). I was pretty disappointed that they weren't going to make it - was looking forward to getting to hang out with them, and for them to see my pregnant belly before our little one made his arrival. It also hit me and made me realize once again how hard it's going to be being so far away from family. But I'll get through it.
Friday after work I stopped by Safeway for our usual Friday night pizza. Made that for dinner, and was asleep by 8:00 on the couch.
I was scheduled to have a doctor's appointment this past Thursday, but with all the snow the office was closed. I was able to call on Friday, and reschedule it for 8:00 Saturday morning - so I got up for that. Just like all other appointments, it was pretty boring. Mark actually asked if he should come along with me - and I told him he didn't have to since they are pretty boring. He ended up sleeping in a bit because he didn't sleep well b/c of his itchy feet. Got back from the Doctor's - and we had someone coming at 9:00 to pick up the orange couch. He was right on time, and brought someone along with him and the 2 of them carried it out and loaded it into his SUV. It was a sad moment to see the couch go away like that - but am very glad it didn't end up down on the curb. It'd of been nice to have given it to Allison, but since she's still at home and unsure of what she's going to do, she didn't want it. We started to clean the floors after that. I made sure the area where the new couch was going was cleaned up real good (swept, cleaned the molding, etc.) And then Haverty's showed up with our new couch! It's great - it's very comfy, and extra long. It's nice that both of us can lay down on it, and have our own space! We finished cleaning the floors after they left, and then attempted to make it to the gym. Traffic on Route 1 was terrible, and we made it to King Street and decided to bag it because it was taking us so long. We stopped at the grocery store on our way home. We had originally talked about Valentine's Day - and Mark was going to take me out to dinner on Saturday, and then I'd cook him dinner on Sunday. But after sitting around in our sweats all afternoon, we decided just to order Chinese takeout for dinner, and stay in and watch the Hangover. My 2nd movie in a row that I stayed awake for the entire thing!
Sunday morning got up and went to Church. Then we made our way to the gym. Traffic was much better today (it was a little earlier so that may have helped.) Mark went and got his haircut, and then we watched Syracuse loose to Louisville :( I decided to bake some peanut butter cookies. Made my usual Sunday phone calls. And then made shrimp and pasta for dinner - which turned out pretty yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment