Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Weekend with the In-Laws

This was the weekend that Mark's parents came into town for their Christmas gift that we got for them.

Friday I got home from work, and was pretty tired, so I laid on the couch for awhile, and then had them make their way over to our place. We hung out there, waiting for Mark to get home from work. The brought a package of diapers, a camouflage outfit for the baby, and some cookies and brownies. Oh, and a Syracuse long-sleeve shirt for me & Mark. Once Mark got home we went down to Old Town for dinner. Decided to take them to Mai Thai - and I think everyone was happy with their meal.

Saturday morning we told the parents to come over after 10:00 whenever they were ready. They got over and we sat around for a bit before we decided it was time to head to the Metro to make our way to Ford's Theater. Thank goodness they were close to each other because it was cold out. And it doesn't help any that I can't button or zip up any of my winter coats anymore due to my ever expanding stomach. We were able to walk around the museum at Ford's Theater for a bit before the show started. I'm glad we didn't make a special trip down there just for the museum, but rather combine it together with a show. It was pretty interesting everything they had - and then we got to see Mark Russell - he's a political humorist/pianist. I got a couple good laughs out of him! After that was over we made our way back home. It was too early to head into Old town for dinner. I ended up taking a catnap on the couch. We took them to Overwood for dinner - and I think again everyone really enjoyed their meals. Ended up going to the bar for one more drink and to catch the end of the Vanderbilt vs Kentucky basketball game.

Sunday morning we got up - and same thing, we told the parents to come over around 10:00 or whenever they were ready. We hung out at home until 11:00 and then made our way over to Southside for brunch. And for the 3rd time this weekend - everyone enjoyed their meals. We said our good-byes, and had originally planned to go to the gym, but we were both pretty stuff, so we ran to Target instead to pick up a handful of things. Got home and the Pitt. vs. Villanova game was on, so we stayed in to watch the end of that. And by the time that was over, we were unmotivated to go to the gym. Instead, we finished up with some errands - running to the bank, filling up my car with gas, picking up my prescription. And then enjoyed the rest of the evening at home. Didn't need to make dinner, since we ate our leftovers from Mai Thai. All in all a great weekend!!!!

No comments: