Monday, February 1, 2010

Shower #3

This weekend was my third baby shower - up at Kristin's place courtesy of Kristin and Nicole! It was originally schedule for 1:00 on Saturday - but we ended up pushing it until Sunday.

Saturday morning we had gotten up - and I ran to Target to pick something up for Kristin & Nicole for hosting the shower. When I left it wasn't doing anything...but by the time I got out of the store, it was snowing with a dusting on the ground already. Mark & I took off as we were planning to hit the gym before the shower. The drive up to the gym was slower than normal because of the snow coming down. Kristin had called wanting to know what I thought, whether or not we should postpone the shower. I guess she had a couple phone calls already about some being worried about driving in the snow. We got to the gym, and started to work out while she called a couple people - and we finally decided to push it until Sunday.


Fast forward now to Sunday...Tiffany stopped by to give me a gift since she was making her way back south home to North Carolina. I felt bad that she wasn't able to make it to the shower, but was very kind of her to give us a gift! I really didn't want to go to the gym, so Clara picked me up and we drove up to Kristin's together. And Mark was still able to hit the gym himself. I also felt bad because he had been planning to get together with Jeff - but they weren't able to make it down on Sunday since he got called into work. Mark did get to Kristin's before we were done, so he ended up calling Jacob and the 2 of them hung out downstairs enjoying a beer together...

We made it to Kristin's - and had a great time at the shower! They did a good job with the food and decorations.
  • It was Nicole, Clara, Ava, Kristin, Sarah & Seth.
  • We had Safe Sex on the Beach to drink (Which was pretty yummy!)
  • They made lots of yummy food - cheese fondue; veggies & tuna dip; bruschetta
  • I got a Kristin cake! And she made brownie balls as favors.
  • We played a couple games - There was a word or phrase, and you had to associate what kind of candy went along with it (i.e. Umbilical Cord = Twizzler); TV Movie Children game; and how many words/phrases could you come up with with the word Baby in it.
  • Got many wonderful gifts!!

I think I've said this with my other two showers - but I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!!!!

No comments: