Monday, February 8, 2010

Take 2 - Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

Another weekend of being snowed in all weekend.

Friday after work we were talking about getting together with the neighbors to drink beer (the boys at least) and hang out while the snow started to fall. We decided instead to make our way over to Southside to hang out there for awhile. Looking back on it now, it was nice to get out of the house for awhile, seeing as we were stuck inside the rest of the weekend. We hung out there for awhile, eating a bunch of wings...By the time we left Southside, there was already quite a bit of snow on the ground. There weren't many people out driving around - could definitely tell people were getting ready for the blizzard.

I had stopped at the store on Wednesday to pick up our groceries for the weekend. When I first heard of the chance of snow - I knew everyone would be going crazy stocking up on stuff, so I wanted to beat that crowd - and I'm sure glad I did. I ran back to the store on Thursday to pick up two things and the lines were super long, and they were already out of a bunch of stuff.

Saturday could be summed up in one word - SNOW...When we went to bed on Friday it was snowing, and then when we got up on Saturday it was still snowing. By the time it was all said and done I'd say we had about 2 feet of snow that fell. Mark went out during the day on Saturday to shovel the sidewalk - just trying to keep up with it all. He did have trouble opening the front door when he 1st went out - that's how much snow had fallen. I was worried we may had been snowed in for real!

Sunday was another day where we were snowed in. It took Mark quite awhile to get us all dug out. It was a good thing he took care of stuff during the day on Saturday - or else he'd of had even a bigger job to take care of. He got the driveway cleared out...the cars all cleaned off...The wind had died down - and the sun was out, so I think that made things a little more bearable being out there shoveling all morning.

Sunday afternoon was the Superbowl. I had made a big pot of Chili during the day - and we had that for dinner. We had mentioned to the neighbors about getting together...They had invited us to go over to Matt's for the game, but we decided to stay in. Rolf did stop by and had a beer with Mark during the 2nd half once he got back home. The New Orleans Saints beat the Indy Colts for the Superbowl Rings this year. The commercials weren't all that exciting :(

No comments: