Monday, October 10, 2011

19 Week Update

Hard to believe that we're almost halfway there!  I was debating whether to do this before or after my ultrasound appointment - and went with before.  Be on the lookout later to see if Jim's going to have a baby brother or sister!!!

How Far Along: 19 weeks

Size of Baby:  Baby VZ is about the size of an heirloom tomato.  It amazes me that the babe is that small, but my belly looks a lot bigger than a tomato.  The miracle of life!!!

19 Weeks: This week the baby's sensory development is exploding!!!  The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch!  Some research shows that s/he can hear my voice now.  The arms and legs are in the right proportion to each other and the rest of the body.  I wonder if this babe will be like Jim - bald for their first year.  This week the hair on the scalp is sprouting if it's not going to be a baldy.  (from Babycenter.com)

Weight Gain:  Yesterday I was 132.5; so that puts me up +10 so far.

Belly Pic:  I love this picture of Jim.  He likes to help me out when I'm taking my weekly picture, and this week he decided to show off his belly as well!

Sleep:  We had a wonderful week of sleep in the VZ house!  I think Jim went down every night in his own crib, and slept right through the night.  It was marvelous not waking up at all!

Best Moment of the Week:  We had a great weekend, zero plans which was wonderful!  The weather was gorgeous and we were able to be outside!

Movement:  Noticing it more and more the last couple of days.  At first I was like why is that, but duh, the baby is growing and getting stronger, so of course it will be more noticeable!

Symptoms:  Had a pretty good week - feeling like my normal self!

Food Cravings:  I don't know if this was a craving per se, but I had to go buy some mini marshmallows for my hot chocolate!  The ones that come with the mix just wasn't cutting it.

Exercise:  Another okay week - our schedule was screwed up with my car being in the shop - lifted once, walked once, and we lifted both days this weekend.  Need to do better with the walking!

Diet:  A good week here!  Been good with my dinners and leftovers so we don't have to go out and buy lunch.

Gender:  I'm still thinking boy; to be confirmed today.  Old wives tales are saying boy.  Family is saying girl.  7 out of the 12 guesses are for a girl.

What I Miss:  I do miss being able to drink a beer on the weekends!

What I am Looking forward to:  My ultrasound in a couple of hours!!!

No comments: