Monday, March 26, 2012

2 Weeks!!

I can't believe Ben is 2 weeks old already.  Time sure does fly!  But I've still been enjoying every minute of it :)  It's been a great first 2 weeks, that's for sure.  It's really been helpful that we've had family here, it's made my recovery a whole lot easier!  And was able to focus most of my time on Ben, and not having to worry about chasing around a non-stop 2 year old!
The first week Allison was here.  She came down Saturday AM (taking the mega-bus).  I got to pick her up and hang out a bit before heading to the hospital.  She stayed a little over a week, flying back home on Monday AM.  It was great having her around for the week.  She helped us out at the hospital - hanging out with me so Mark could spend some time at home, getting cleaned up, a nap, taking care of some jobs.  She took care of making sure dinner was ready, and things were cleaned up!  She took care of Jim - playing with him non-stop...And took care of me, getting me whatever it was that I needed.
Rob & Jenna came down Thursday night.  They stayed until Sunday.  It was great having them around as well.  Jim was a huge fan of Robbie!  I enjoyed having a bunch of family down here.  We didn't do much - besides just sitting around, hanging out.  The weather was still nice, so we were able to spend a lot of time outside.
Nicole stopped by on Saturday, and got to meet Ben!  She's great, awesome that she took time out of her weekend to come down to hang out with us!
Family was all gone, and Mark took the week off of work.  It was great having him home, and he picked a perfect week to be home.  The weather was gorgeous!  And he was able to take care of jobs outside.  I think he loved it!  (even though the job he picked was a pain - digging behind the basement stairs to put in some stone to help with the water.)  I know I loved having him home!  He did such a great job taking care of Jim, while I took care of Ben.  I am so lucky!!!!
Ben's 2nd week has gone great!  He is such a wonderful baby - and am hoping he stays that way!  He's a very good eating.  Not really on any set pattern or schedule yet.  Some days he eats every 3+ hours, and then other days there are times when he wants to eat every 2 hours for a feeding or two.

He's an excellent sleeper.  Like I think I've mentioned before - we've really lucked out!!  We bring him upstairs around 9:00 or so, when we're headed up there to get Jim and ourselves ready for bed.  Usually I feed him one last time, and then he's pretty quiet the rest of the night.  Some nights we'll put him in bed with us, and he'll lay there awake for awhile before he falls asleep.  It has helped us out though, because we can start dozing off ourselves.  The one night he slept from 9-5!!  Yeah Ben!  Other nights he's up around 1:00 or so to eat, and then again at 5:00 or so.  I have no problems with this, feed him, and then it's right back to sleep.  Some nights we will start him off in his swing.  He always seems to wake up when we lay him down in the basket.  I think he'll be in our room for another week, and then this weekend we will be moving him into his crib!  (And Jim into his big boy bed!!!)

He rarely crys.  And when he does cry, we can usually fix his problem.  (i.e. he's hungry, needs a diaper change, etc.)  So that has been wonderful!

His umbilical cord fell off sometime last night!  I am very happy about that - he seems to be having issues with his diapers, always peeing through them.  I've tried 3 different brands, and they all seem to have the same problem.  I'm hoping now that we don't have to worry about the stump, it'll help the diapers fit him better. 

We have his 2 week check-up today, so I am curious to see how much he's weighing.  He does have really really skinny legs. 

Jim has continued to be a wonderful big brother!  I have nothing to worry about!  He loves Ben, and loves helping us out.  He is constanlty giving him lots of kisses.  He loves to hold him.  Loves giving him his binky when he cries.  The list goes on and on.  I hope they grow up being wonderful brothers!

We really have been blessed with two wonderful boys!  My family is complete - and I couldn't be any happier :)

I'm not sure where I'm going to keep up with this - but I wanted to keep track of how my weight loss is going, so I thought maybe trying it here with the weekly updates?  We'll see if it works out.  I'm not in any hurry to lose everything - I know it took me 9 months to put on all the weight, it's not going to come off overnight.  And with my breastfeeding, I for sure am not going to watch what I am eating.  (Like usual I do watch what I eat - making sure I'm eating healthy, and not eating out every night...)  But with breastfeeding I am not going to let it bother me if I inhale more food than what Mark does...

Anyways - my pre-pregnancy weight was 122.  Last I weighed myself pregnant - I was 160.  And as of Sunday, I was 139 - so in 2 weeks I lost 21 pounds!  (The best diet to be on.)  I know the rest of it will come off a lot slower - but if I keep eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and start walking regularly I know I'll make positive progress :)

No comments: