Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend In Erie

This weekend we took a trip into Erie. I had felt bad that we didn't get a chance to see Nana & Papa over Christmas this year, and ended up working it out that we'd drive into Erie, and everyone else would meet up with us as well.

Friday night we had planned to go to the gym - but that never happened. Mark didn't leave work until 6:00ish, and had played basketball for an hour at lunch and was tired...And I decided to go to Happy Hour, so we bailed out on that idea.

We got up nice and early Saturday morning and were on the road a couple minutes after 7:00. The drive to Pittsburgh wasn't bad at all. I drove most of the way - I don't mind that drive at all. Stopped at Rob's place, and then we all headed into Erie, with a pit stop at Quizno's for lunch. We went to Grandma's first for about an hour. Good to see her & Aunt Mary Beth. Her one dog Lacey wasn't there b/c she was pregnant, and due any day...And come to find out this morning she had her pups last night -- all 8 of them.

Then we headed to Nana's around 4:00. Had a house full of people there. Aunt Jane & Uncle Rick & all their kids/signifcant others/grandkids were there. As well as Nana & Papa & Aunt Judy & Siera. I haven't seen Aunt Judy & Siera in awhile...Heck I found out that Aunt Judy had never even met Mark. But we had a good time over there. Good to visit with everyone. Ordered pizza & wings for dinner, sang Happy Birthday and had some cake & ice cream.

After that we went to Uncle Rick's for a bit. We didn't stay too long because we were headed back to Pittsburgh. Had a good time over there. Tessa showed us pictures of the house they just put a bid on, and some of the stuff she has looked at for her wedding. Then we played a game of f*ck the dealer, and then it was time to head home. Had a good time with that, and I think Mark enjoyed himself...And he actually commented on the way home that he thinks the reunion might be a good time. So that's always a plus!

No comments: